Monday, January 4, 2016

"Today is the First Day...."

"Today is the first day of the rest of our lives!"  What a true statement this is as we roll into 2016.  January 1st brings the usual resolutions that are either set up for success or failure in any given situation.  I like to think that each day we wake up to is the beginning of a fresh start.  Here in eastern Oregon, we are privileged to witness some beautiful sunrises and sunsets; each can give off different hues of colored treasures.  What transpires in between accounts for our day and night of 24 hours in living experience moment by moment, hour by hour, each in its own hue of color. 





Recently I found the following poem entitled "Today is the Very First Day of the Rest of My Life".  
                                                      This is the Beginning of a New Day.
                                                       I Can Waste It... or Use It For Good.
                                                       But What I Do Today is Important,
                                                       Because I am Exchanging a Day of My Life For It.
                                                       When Tomorrow Comes, This Day Will be Gone Forever,
                                                       Leaving in It's Place Something That I have Traded For It.
                                                       I Want It to Be Gain and Not Loss, Good and Not Evil,
                                                       Success and Not Failure, in Order That I Not Regret the Price
                                                       I Have Paid For It.
                                                       I Will Give 100% of Myself Just For Today, For You Never Fail
                                                       Unless You Stop Trying.
                                                       I Will Be the Kind of Person I have Always Wanted To Be...
                                                       I Have Been Given This Day to Use as I Will.  - Author Unknown
     
This is a great song by Matt Maher called  "Hold Us Together".  The song compliments the above reflection in the reminder of the Invisible Lover who is ever present with us in each new day.  I hope you will take time out to listen....  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2PJBoN2VLE

Join me in two weeks on Monday, January 18th at The Turn-Up Patch.  Until then, here is a meaningful quote by Steve Maraboli... "There is beauty laced within this day... be courageous enough to find it, be kind enough to share it, and at the end of the day, be wise enough to let it go."


No comments:

Post a Comment