There are varied sources of inspiration for all of us. It may come in the form of God's creation in His wondrous scenery or in the message of an inspiring person or in music or the thrill of a spiritual moment, which opens a corridor into more of God's Divine Presence. The two photos below are a little illustration of what it can mean to view something bigger than oneself and can go on to inspire or stimulate the human soul into the awesomeness of life. I took them last year when I had the opportunity of fulfilling a wish that was in my 'bucket list' (dreams of things to do) by traveling to Jasper, Alberta in Canada. I had heard that a section of scenery that is on the highway between Banff and Jasper, called Icefields Parkway was one of the most spectacular on the Continent. It did not disappoint me, but rather left me in awe of the creation that exists around us.
|Columbia Glacier Icefield in Alberta, Canada|
|Abraham Lake in Alberta, Canada|
Once in awhile, you come across a notable hero, who against all odds, turns life around and conquers adversity through sheer attitude, fortitude, faith and purpose. One such hero is NICK VUJICIC who is making inroads in helping to encourage and uplift others in their daily living. The power of being thankful in spite of his extreme disability and go on to enjoy life and be a light to other people is humbling. Nick has a huge heart, big on God and big on purpose - his heart makes up for his disabilities and is a force in making a difference in the world around him. Here are a few facts about Nick, which is on his website:
- Nick was born on December 4, 1982 to Serbian parents and raised in Melbourne, Australia. He was born with no limbs, the absence of arms and legs. His parents loved and guided him, doing their very best to keep him in the mainstream school system and gave him every opportunity to live to the fullest along with a brother and sister who are his best friends.
- His early years were of ups and downs with his disabilities until he realized that he needed to be more thankful for his abilities and less focused on his disabilities.
- At fifteen years of age, he sealed his faith in God and from there, has had an amazing journey. He graduated from Giffith University at the age of 21 with a double major in accounting and financial planning. He has since become an international evangelist and motivational speaker, addressing over three million people in 44 countries, having spoken over 2000 times.
- He has appeared on television shows, written three books.... Life Without Limbs: Inspiration for a Ridiculously Good Life .... Unstoppable: The Incredible Power of Faith in Action.... and Limitless: Devotions for a Ridiculously Good Life. He has just launched his new book for children entitled "Give Me a Hug". Nick also has made several motivational DVDs and starred in the short film The Butterfly Circus, which won awards in 2009 and 2010.
- He currently lives in Los Angeles, California and was married on February 12, 2012 and their son was born on February 13, 2013. He and his wife share the vision of seeing people's lives changed for the better or touched in some way through Nick's story.
A few comments from Nick:
"Whoever you are, wherever you’re from and whatever you are dealing with, I hope that you will be inspired by my story and my message. Please enjoy browsing around this website (attitudeisaltitude.com) where I share with you my thoughts on faith, hope and love to encourage you and to help you overcome your own challenge.
Dream big my friend and never give up.
We all make mistakes, but none of us are mistakes.
Take one day at a time.
Embrace the positive attitudes, perspectives, principles and truths I share, and you too will overcome."
The video above will explain visually about Nick and his story. It is well worth your time to watch this clip, count your blessings and be amazed at what one person can do who refuses defeat. It shows the inspirational influence that he has on others as the energy of his spiritual inner "breath", breathes on others to inhale, stimulating their spirit and soul for a new day of hope in their lives. A quote of Nick's:
"If you don't get a miracle... be one!"You can also view this video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc4HGQHgeFE
Below are some links that will take you to Nick Vujicic websites, including his non-profit organization "Life Without Limbs" and his website, "Attitude is Altitude". The third link will take you to the Butterfly Circus. I encourage you to check out these links to find out more about Nick and his impacting mission in life.
Thank you Nick for your incredible gift of bringing hope to others. You have done far more with the spirit of your heart than many of us have done complete with limbs. God has truly known you from the time you were knit in your mother's womb and He has graced us all by making you known to the world as His spokesman of Light in being an overcomer.
Join me next Monday for a new post at The Turn-Up Patch. In the meantime, may inspiration make a difference in your life this week... either to inspire or be inspired!