|2007 College Graduate at age 95|
|2010 Master's Degree at age 98|
Some of Nola's quotes:
- I'm very gratified to have attained the distinction as the world's oldest graduate. I would like to encourage people to keep on learning. Our education is never complete.
- I don't dwell on my age. It might limit what I can do. As long as I have my mind and health, it's just a number.
- I give thanks every day for each new day that the Lord allows me to live and enjoy life to the fullest.
- Most everyone has an inner desire....something they would like to do. Maybe it seems impossible, but it isn't. Today, there are so many options. People will help you do almost anything if you want to do it badly enough. The desire has to be intense, but I would encourage people to search their desires, to pick out one, and then get out and do it!
- I've led a long, interesting life. We went through the dust storms. We had some difficult times in our marriage financially. But it's been the Lord's will that I've lived this long life and I thank Him kindly for it.
I bring this true story to you in today's post about Nola Ochs as an example of what belief can do to fulfill a personal desire. Believing is a force which encompasses the beginning of a desire and stirs it up towards an outcome. To believe is to have faith, confidence and trust, which springs from an inward conviction and results in achievement. Simply stated:
- We can each say, "I believe in You" to our Father of Lights and it will make a difference in our daily living, because.... HE CAN!
- We can each say, "I believe in you" to one another to make a difference in his or her daily living because.... YOU CAN!
- We can each say, "I believe in you" to ourselves to make a difference in our own inner being because.... I CAN!
Nola lived out these three dynamics towards her goal - her core belief in her Lord, other people believing in her, and personally believing in herself that she could and would make a dream come true.
The following video can further explain, "I Believe in You". It is delightfully whimsical, yet gives a powerful message using a composite of Disney characters, cleverly produced by Teddybear2323. The beautiful song is performed by Amanda Marshall with lyrics written by Amanda Marshall and Eric Brazilian.
Link to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_nstcjudzo
Until next Monday, we'll meet again at the Turn-Up Patch. May you discover your dream and believe that it can come true with hope and encouragement through God... who believes in you ; caring people... who believe in you ; and yourself ... to believe in you.......